The Landscape Festival – an event highlighting landscapes, cities, and public spaces – is announcing an open call for projects that will temporarily bring to life specific locations as part of the seventh annual festival in 2019. This year’s event seeks to present the city of Ostrava in fresh environmental contexts. The central theme of the call is to revive and redefine the significance of seven locations along a route stretching from the historic city centre up to the Dolní oblast Vítkovice (Lower Vítkovice) site, and to fully delineate and highlight this new interconnectivity.
The open call is directed at all creatives who work in areas connected to reviving public spaces, urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, public space/landscape art and design, environmental art etc. Applications can also be collective works representing a number of authors.
We are interested in temporary (short-term) interventions, showcasing a given space via a specific thematic context, minor additions to the urban design structure, site-specific installations, temporary architecture, and even longer-lasting landscaping efforts and revivals of given locations.
- THE CONFLUENCE OF THE OSTRAVICE AND LUČINA RIVERS
- ČERNÁ LOUKA EXHIBITION CENTRE
- THE PARK BEHIND THE DŮM UMĚNÍ (HOUSE OF ART)
- THE GROUNDS OF THE OSTRAVA CITY HOSPITAL
- CIRCULAR ENCLOSURE AT THE DR. MILADA HORÁKOVÁ GARDENS
- PARK IN ŽELEZÁRENSKÁ STREET
- AMBER TRAIL SURROUNDINGS
ORGANISER AND JURY
The open call is organised and operated by LANDSCAPE FESTIVAL OSTRAVA 2019
Projects will be evaluated by an expert jury comprised of the following individuals:
Doc. Ing. Martina Peřinková, Ph.D. / Faculty of Architecture, Technical University of Ostrava
Doc. MgA. František Kowolowski / Faculty of Art, University of Ostrava
Ing. Daniel Matějka, Ph.D. / Faculty of Horticulture, Mendel University in Brno
Mgr. Kateřina Šebestová / City of Ostrava
Mgr. Dan Merta / Jaroslav Fragner Gallery
Ing. Jakub Hepp / Landscape Festival
Submissions will be evaluated by the jury on the basis of the subjective assessments, knowledge and experiences of its individual members. By making a submission, applicants automatically consent to have their respective projects assessed in this manner.
Contact person for consultation on matters pertaining to project submissions:
+ 420 739 454 190
Submissions sent for consideration must contain the following:
- a summary of the project (max. one A4 page)
- a realistic estimated budget for the intervention up to CZK 50,000 (including design, mounting)
- a visual representation or sketch of the project
- a list of materials and technologies to be used for the project
- End date for submissions: 28 February, 2019
- Announcement of winning projects: 15 March, 2019
- Mounting/installation of interventions: up to 20 May, 2019
Festival will be held from June to September 2019.
WINNING PROJECTS ANNOUNCEMENT
- The results will be made public on 15 March on the website of the Landscape Festival at www.landscape-festival.cz
- The mounting/installation of the selected designs will be undertaken by the winning parties themselves with the assistance of the festival organisers
- The authors of competition/festival designs retain all authorial rights, are free to publish and publicise their design submissions, and are free to reuse such designs for any other purpose/submission.
- By submitting proposals/designs to the Festival, applicants consent to their designs being exhibited as part of publicity efforts by the festival of the open call process and its results.
- Submissions which have not been selected will be returned, upon request, to the submitting authors following the conclusion of the open call process.